Friday, June 5, 2009

Reid's Graduation

After the last day of school, we traveled over to Huffman to watch Uncle Reid graduate from high school. It was the first time I had ever been to a graduation on a football field. I've always see it in the movies, but hadn't experienced it in real life. Even though it was the beginning of June, the weather wasn't so bad. We parked out on the road and hiked up to the football stadium where we met with the rest of the Koons. Elizabeth was GREAT! She clapped for the graduates as their names were called and they walked across the stage even though the graduation didn't start until her bedtime. She made friends with the people around us. Boy am I glad because she kept trying to climb all over them.

She needed a drink....it was warm.

That's right...Mimi gave her DRUGS! (Just say NO Elizabeth!) She enjoyed shaking them around. :)

There's Reid...about to take the stage.

Sorry the video is a little shaky. I was trying to yell for Reid, watch what I was doing, and make sure Elizabeth didn't fall down the bleachers.

YEA!!!!!!!!! Congratulations REID!!!

Now he's off to the Air Force to do some highly classified job. Nah...I don't know what he's doing. I would bet a million dollars that it has something to do with computers though. =)

1 comment:

Diana, Reid's Mom said...

It was a beautiful evening and it was really special to have Lance, Jeff, Meagan, and Elly there with us! It was also a bittersweet, somewhat emotional occasion since not only is this our last child to graduate (the baby), but he will be leaving us all too soon for parts unknown. :( We are VERY proud of him! :)