Monday, June 29, 2009

Cody's HERE!!

After being a couple of days past my due date, I finally went in to labor around 9:45 and had contractions every 5 minutes for an hour. The doctor said, "Go to the hospital when you have contractions every 5 minutes for an hour or when your water breaks." SO that's what I did. I waited. Well....we got to the hospital around 11:15 am. So I wouldn't have to walk the parking lot, Jeff dropped me off at the door and there was a nurse taking a patient out so she picked me up and wheeled me upstairs to Labor and Delivery. I met Jeff upstairs in the room where they check and make sure you're really in labor. As soon as they checked me they admitted me. I was already 7 cm. By the next time they checked me I was already 9cm. My doctor was on the road and everyone else was on their way to the hospital. The nurses kept telling me not to push and I said NO. Couldn't help it....

My water broke and three pushes later the doctor walked in the door and Cody was born at the same time. YAY!!!

Cody Raymond Koon
11:58am
7 pounds 9 ounces
20 1/2 inches long
Everything happened so quickly! I'm glad Lauren was able to make it to our house to take care of Elizabeth. After Cody was born, Aunt Lauren and NEW big sister Elizabeth came to the hospital to see Cody.















































3 comments:

Nana G said...

He was well worth the 2 days late wait. I hope big sister, Elizabeth, enjoys her new little brother.

love ya ... nana g

Brent and Staci Weir said...

Meagan, he is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (As are you!) Congratulations on the birth of Cody! Looks like Elizabeth will have fun with him! :)

Brent and Staci Weir said...

PS - When you're up and feeling better I need to take a road trip to see you and your kiddos with my little man Ty. We'll do lunch, or I'll stop and get some for us on my way in! Miss you Meggo!