Welp, Elizabeth and I made our way to the doctor's office again. It was a lovely visit. I lost a pound since the last visit. They didn't seem concerned. Elizabeth freaked out when the nurse tried to put the blood pressure cuff on my arm. Then she calmed down once she realized she wasn't the one that had to have something done to her. She was great the rest of the time. She sat on me while the nurse listened for Cody's heartbeat. It was 156bpm. She kept patting my belly and then she raised her shirt and patted her own belly. I had to tell her she didn't have a baby in her belly and won't for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
We waited for the doctor to come in the room. Of course I couldn't just sit there and stare at the wall. I picked up the instrument on the wall that lights up and the doctor uses to look in your eye. I used it on Elizabeth to try to help her fear at the doctor's office. Once I let her look in it, she started laughing. I have no idea why. Yeah...........I got caught after I picked up the second one. I heard the doctor coming in the door and was trying to put it back up, but he caught me when I couldn't put it on the right way. Oh well, atleast he didn't say anything. =) He smiled and played with Elizabeth before talking to me. I guess he wanted me to be in a good mood when he told me the bad news. I HAD TO GET MY BLOOD DRAWN AGAIN. Grrrr.... Someone messed up downstairs and didn't draw enough blood last time. They figured out that my glucose levels were fine, but still needed more blood to figure out my blood count and some other junk. I don't know.
After leaving the doctor's office, we made our way down to the vampire's domain. I had just put Elizabeth down and the lady came out and called my name. So off we went. I was too lazy to pick her up again, so Elizabeth held one of my fingers and walked in the door on her own. She sat on the floor and I sat in the chair. When the lady came over to take my blood, Elizabeth got up and tried to crawl in my lap all the while crying. I don't know why she started crying. I was the one getting poked. I'm thinking she felt bad for me since she knows what it feels like. She's so sweet. It was a sympathy cry. =)
YEA! It was over in a second! What a waste of time....
That lady did something weird. My arm has a long scratch where the needle came out. OH well, I'm still alive and we were able to go to Papa John's for the $5.99 carry out special. YUM! Elizabeth ate half a slice and we called it a night.
My next visit is May 4th. Woo hoo..... I'll get to go in, the doctor will ask me if I have questions, I'll say no, and then go home. Another big waste of time. You know, it probably wouldn't be a waste of time if I had problems. I'll just be happy that I don't have to ask questions. =)
I wonder if they'll look at Cody again on an ultrasound. We got to look at Elizabeth at 34 weeks last time. Her whole head took up the screen. It's amazing how they get soooooooo big in such a little amount of time.
I think this is the longest post I've ever written without pictures. I'll put one so it's not a waste.

Guess whose little fingers are under the door....
That's right! Elizabeth! She always tries to get in when the door is shut. I don't think she likes being alone. Of course...who does?
No comments:
Post a Comment